For over three decades, Decio Baio has established himself as a trusted real estate broker specializing in commercial, industrial, development and investment brokerage in the outer boroughs of NYC.
His broad knowledge of the market, creativity, tireless work ethic and commitment to his clients has consistently produced industry leading results.
Decio holds a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Marketing and Management from Pace University.
Summary of Transactions
- 615,000 sq. ft. – Madison Realty Capital – 184-10 + 60 Jamaica Avenue, Jamaica, NY: Retained exclusively to facilitate the sale of this 615,000 sq. ft. multi-tenanted Industrial complex, the assignment was successfully completed by procuring Madison Realty Capital and Artmis Real Estate partners, sale price: $78,000,000.
- 350,000 sq. ft. – Himmel & Merrigoff Properties / Square Mile Capital Management. 1601 Bronxdale Avenue, Bronx, NY: In an off-market transaction, procured the purchaser for this Multi-tenanted Industrial / Office complex. Sale price: $89,000,000.
- 316,000 sq. ft. – (7.25 acres) Home Depot: 59-02 Borden Avenue, Maspeth, NY: Retained exclusively to facilitate the sale of this 202,000 sq. ft. former Coca Cola Bottling Plant, on 7.25 acres, successfully completed the assignment by procuring Home Depot, sale price: $63,000,000.
- 300,000 sq. ft.–JP Morgan Chase / Standard Motor Products 37-18 Northern Boulevard, Long Island City, NY: Successfully procured the purchaser and facilitated the sale-lease back for this 300,000 sq. ft. Loft Building, which sold for $40,600,000 (Largest deal in Queens 2008).
- 161,000 sq. ft. – Steel Equities – 333 Johnson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY: Procured the Purchaser Steel Equities, for this 161,000 sq. ft. industrial facility, sale price: $53,000,000.
- 153,000 sq. ft.–Manhattan Beer Distributors–5700 Avenue D, Brooklyn, NY: One of the largest industrial sales in Brooklyn, Pinnacle exclusively represented the seller, Manhattan Beer Distributors. The 5 acre site with a 153,000 sq. ft. 1-Story Building was sold for $15,500,000.
- 140,000 sq. ft. Fink-Baking Company–54th Avenue, Long Island City, NY: Retained exclusively to facilitate the sale of the 140,000 sq. ft. manufacturing/distribution facility and 60,000 sq. ft. of vacant land. The purchase was successfully completed with the procurement of three individual buyers, and sold for approximately $16,000,000
- 107,000 sq. ft. – WB Mason Co. Inc. – 1160 Commerce Avenue, Bronx, NY: Facilitated the leasing of the 107,000 sq. ft. distribution Facility plus 63,000 sq. ft. of Land, aggregate rental value: $28,500,000.
- 110,000 sq. ft.– Scalamandre Silks – 37-21 24th Street, Long Island City, NY: Retained exclusively to facilitate the sale-lease back of their 110,000 sq. ft. Loft Building, the assignment was successfully completed by procuring Time Equities as the buyer sale price: $7,150,000. The property was subsequently converted to creative Loft /Office.
- 85,000 sq. ft.-Target Corporation: Facilitated the leasing of three separate distribution facility transactions in Brooklyn, Queens and Mount Kisco, New York totaling 85,000 sq. ft.
- 80,000 sq. ft.–35-37 36th Street, Long Island City, NY: Repositioned this premier loft building in Astoria, Queens, Studio Square, consisting of approximately 80,000 sq. ft. as an office conversion with an additional 80,000 sq. ft. of air rights. Sold to Emmes Asset Management for $30,000,000 to be developed as a boutique office building opposite Kaufman Astoria Studio.
- 52,000 sq. ft.–UA Plumbers Local No. 1 – 50-02 5th Street, Long Island City, NY: Facilitated the sale of this 2-Story 52,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility at the Long Island City waterfront district to UA Plumbers Local No. 1. To be used as their main office and meeting hall. Sale price $10,250,000.
- 51,200 sq. ft.–47-16 Austell Place, Long Island City, NY: Retained exclusively to sell 51,200 sq. ft. 4-Story loft building, to be repositioned to office / creative loft. Sold to Emmes Asset Management for $13,500,000.
- Pepperidge Farm: Three separate distribution facility transactions totaling approximately 40,000 sq. ft. in Maspeth, College Point, Queens, Bethpage and Long Island.
- Sherwin Williams, Inc.: Facilitated the lease of a 15,000 sq. ft. distribution facility in the Bronx.
- Minolta–Copier Division: Facilitated a ten year lease of a 10,000 sq. ft. class “A” office space for the companies Queens office/sales facility.
- Office Depot: Two separate distribution facility transactions totaling 25,000 sq. ft. in Maspeth, Queens.
- When the City of New York rezoned parts of Long Island City, Queens to allow residential development, Decio immediately recognized the potential and convenience the area offered to developers, with its well-developed infrastructure, close proximity to Manhattan and affordable prices. With this in mind and his strong relationship with local owners and developers, a marketing strategy was implemented targeting properties in the rezoned areas which resulted in the majority of the residential development site transactions.
Residential Development Transactions Include:
- 615,000 sq. ft.–29-16 Northern Boulevard – 44-35 Purves Street, Long Island City, NY: In one of the largest scale transactions in the Long Island City residential development arena, two (2) sites totaling over 615,000 buildable sq. ft. were assembled in an off market deal with a final purchase price of $67,000,000. Pinnacle procured the purchaser, the Rabsky Group and represented the Sellers, the Criterion Group and Emmes Asset Management.
- 410,000 sq. ft. – 30-17 49th Avenue, Long Island City, NY: In one of the largest joint venture deals in Long Island City, the owner / operators of this former taxi site consisting of an 80,000 sq. ft. plot, with a buildable area of over 410,000 sq. ft. were partnered with one of the most respected national real estate development companies. The Lightstone Group in a transaction valued at $150,000,000, including construction cost.
- 400,000 sq. ft.–308 Nevins Street, Brooklyn, NY: In an off market deal, this 120,000 sq. ft. former Verizon facility in the Gowanus section of Brooklyn will be repositioned to tap its potential of over 400,000 sq. ft. of mixed-use development rights plus one of the longest frontages on the Gowanus canal.
- 320,000 sq. ft.–41-40 24th Street, Long Island City, NY: 41,000 sq. ft. lot with street frontage, buildable to 320,000 sq. ft. sold for $23,000,000.
- 300,000 sq. ft.–41-38 / 41-20 Crescent Street, Long Island City, NY: Assembled six (6) contiguous properties for a total of 300,000 sq. ft. buildable, 450 units, which sold for $37,000,000.
- 125,000 sq. ft.–5-05 48th Avenue, Long Island City, NY: Procured Toll Brothers as the Purchaser of this 125,000 sq. ft. buildable residential development site, which was one of the first condo development in the area and sold for $17,000,000.
- 106,000 sq. ft.–41-21 28th Street, Long Island City, NY: As Exclusive Agents for the seller of this prime Long Island City industrial property, we developed and executed a plan to reposition this 30,000 sq. ft. industrial building as a 106,000 sq. ft. residential development site generating multiple competitive bidders. Sold to Heritage Equity for $17,000,000.
- 76,000 sq. ft.–11-15 49th Avenue, Long Island City, NY: Appointed the exclusive agents for the sale of this prominent residential development site located at the foot of the Pulaski Bridge. The site was purchased and developed as condos by Simone Development and sold for $10,000,000.
- 67,500 sq. ft. -33-01 38th Avenue, Long Island City, NY: Retained exclusively by to facilitate the sale of this unique Long Island City Loft Building conversion with 67,000 sq. ft. of residential development rights, the property was sold to prominent Manhattan, developer the Hakeman Group for $14,400,000.