James Tack is a veteran of the commercial real estate industry with over 30 years experience specializing in commercial, industrial and development brokerage as well as asset management in the outer boroughs of New York City.
James has completed hundreds of transactions representing small businesses, major corporations, trusts, estates and family partner- ships. His unparalleled experience, specialized knowledge and local market resources provide a unique ability to implement strategies and solutions to the inevitable challenges facing commercial property owners.
James is a proud alumni of the University of Maryland class of 1986.
Summary of Transactions
- 202,000 sq. ft. on 7.3 acre site – 59-02 Borden Avenue, Maspeth, NY: Exclusive Agent for Kaymac Corporation to sell this prominent Industrial Facility utilized as a Coca Cola Bottling Plant. Sold to Home Depot $63,000,000
- 200,000 sq. ft. – 22-19 41st Avenue / 21-21 41st Avenue, Long Island City, NY: Exclusive Agent for Landlord to reposition and lease this Flex / Loft / Office complex. Leased over 90,000 sq. ft. in 13 transactions.
- 194,000 sq. ft. 554 & 578 Cozine Avenue, Brooklyn, NY: Part of the Pinnacle team who represented the purchaser of this former Pepsi Cola distribution facility consisting of two full city blocks to be developed and repositioned for last mile distribution $25,300,000.
- 171,000 sq. ft. – 58-75/ 59-21 Queens Midtown Expressway, Maspeth NY: Exclusive Agent for this prominent Queens distribution facility consisting of two 1- story, high ceiling buildings, 75,000 sq. ft. & 96,000 sq. ft. owned and occupied by J & R Electronics. Sold $28,500,000
- 120,000 sq. ft. – 21-01 44th Road, Long Island City, NY: Appointed Managing Agent by an out of state investor for this prominently located 4-story manufacturing building. A plan was executed to negotiate lease terminations with all tenants placing the property in a position for redevelopment. Property was ultimately sold to a developer and leased to The New York City Information and Technology High School.
- 107,000 sq. ft. plus 63,000 sq. ft. yard – 1160 Commerce Avenue, Bronx, NY: Leased to office supply WB Mason with an aggregate rental of over $28,000,000.
- 106,000 sq. ft. – 41-21 28th Street, Long Island City, NY: As Exclusive Agents for the seller of this prime Long Island City industrial property we developed and executed a plan to reposition this 30,000 square foot industrial building as a 106,000 square foot residential development site generating multiple competitive bidders. Sold to Heritage Equity $17,000,000.
- 102,000 sq. ft. – 44-01 21st Street, Long Island City, NY: Sold to an investor as an under performing manufacturing building this property was quickly repositioned with a complete renovation and substantial capital improvements. An aggressive marketing program replaced all tenants. Fully leased and under management this property is now recognized as a premier loft building with top level tenants and an impressive rent roll.
- 97,000 sq. ft. – 42-02 56th Road, Maspeth, NY: Represented Technico Construction for the purchase of this industrial land site $8,600,000. Subsequently represented Technico and leased the site to Haddad’s Inc. one of the largest TV and movie production equipment rental company in the US.
- 95,000 sq. ft. – 297 Norman Avenue, Brooklyn, NY: Procured Bestway Carting Inc. as buyer for this industrial land site with Pinnacle as Exclusive Agents for Verizon as seller, sold $6.3 million. Subsequently appointed Exclusive Leasing Agents by new owner, successfully leased the entire property to MV Transportation a National School Bus operator.
- 86,000 sq. ft. – 12-11/12-63 Redfern Avenue, Far Rockaway, NY: Procured Kel-Tech Construction as buyer for two adjacent industrial land sites consisting of 60,000 sq. ft. owned by Verizon (Pinnacle exclusive Agents for Verizon) & 26,000 sq. ft. owned by John P. Picone Inc.
- 86,000 sq. ft. – 340-366 Beach 80th Street, Rockaway, NY: Represented Bestway Carting in purchase of this industrial land site, exclusively represented Bestway and leased the entire site to SilverCup Scaffolding.
- 70,500 sq. ft. – 59-21 Queens Midtown Expressway, Maspeth NY: Prime 1-story warehouse building sold to an investor, leased to New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation. Resold to J & R Music World.
- 51,200 sq. ft. – 47-16 Austell Place, Long Island City, NY: Exclusive Agents representing the Seller this industrial loft was repositioned and sold as an office conversion to Emmes Ventures. Sold $13,500,000.
- 50,000 sq. ft. – 23-41/59 Borden Avenue, Long Island City, NY: Exclusive Agent and Managing Agent for this 1- story multi-tenanted industrial building. Completed numerous renovation projects facilitating rentals to multiple credit tenants including Fresh Direct.
- 48,150 sq. ft.: Steinway Park Astoria: Represented the L Group, a prominent Queens developer for the marketing and sale of an industrial development consisting of 11 buildings. Project was sold out in 12 months with a total transition volume of $19,500,000.
- 41,000 sq. ft. – 48-24/50 33rd Street, Long Island City, NY: Exclusive Agent and Managing Agent for this multi- tenant industrial property. Procured Manhattan Life Insurance Company and Reise Restaurants as tenants. Secured a comprehensive financing package to conduct major capital improvement projects to secure this properties competitive advantage for the future.
- 22,000 sq. ft. – 1646 East New York Avenue, Brooklyn, NY: Exclusively represented the seller of this industrial development site which sold to Safeguard Properties, a self storage firm that developed the site as a 44,000 sq. ft. self storage facility.
Other notable transactions with:
- The Home Depot
- Manhattan Life Insurance Company
- Republic Elevator
- Honeywell Bull
- Petrocelli Electric
- Bull HN Information Systems
- Cleveland Wrecking Company
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Eastern Paralyzed veterans
- Rock Rose
- Riese Restaurants
- The Closet Factory
- O’Conner Capital Partners
- WB Mason
- J & R Music World
- Safe Guard Storage
- Premier Storage Solutions
- David’s Cookies
- NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission
- Montenay Corporation
- NYC Health & Hospitals Corp.
- Joint Employment Office of the Elevator Industry
- NYS Department of Labor
- Emmes Ventures
- NYC School Construction Authority
- Heritage Equity